Wednesday, October 04, 2006

guilty pleasures

Let me preface this by saying that these are not necessarilly in any order. Let me also say this, instead of being totally into work today, I thought of these things non-stop. So, suffice it to say they obviously mean something to me if it's all I can think about.

1. Laguna Beach - I hate the fact that I love this show. I know people who have visited Laguna, and seen many of the places that are shown on the series, and I am insanely jealous of them. I love the show because I hate the "actors." Their lives cannot be real, I refuse to believe it. If you share this love-hate relationship with MTV's greatest reality series, you need to read THIS sometime.

2. Cheese, and lots of it. As long as it isn't a) made from goat's milk, b) isn't blue, or bleu, c) hasn't expired, d) isn't fromunda (and if you haven't heard of that, just ask).

3. Wine. Unlike my previous pleasure, I like all wine. With one exception, Agave Wine. Which reminds me, who opens a Mexican restaurant, doesn't have tequila, but still wants to serve margaritas, and substitutes Agave wine for the tequila. I'm sorry, but seeing how the rest of the world makes wine from GRAPES, why must some dude in Mexico use AGAVE. It is used to make tequila, I understand that, but tequila doesn't taste good. Wine does. End of story.

4. Grey's Anatomy - now this one is two-fold, first because it is a great drama (and yes it is basically a soap opera), secondly because it has the most amazing music in each and every show. Some of my favorite songs have come from watching this show, from previously unknown artists (to me, but my friends would say that if it weren't for them i'd be oblivious to all music, except Britney Schpears (that is in the retainer voice)). Some groups introduced to my by this great show include; Damien Rice, Sufjan Stevens, Anna Nalick (I won't tell you want her name always sounds like in my head), and Snow Patrol.

Okay, i'm done obsessing for now. But if you get a chance, tonight is the night that two of these things happen, and I suggest you watch. And if you can, partake in the other two things while watching.

That is all.

Oh, and one more thing...

5. The Chappelle Show:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home